As Java developer reporting to our CTO you will be responsible for writing new software as well as maintaining our existing code base. This is a dynamic and exciting industry vertical providing the opportunity to work with many exciting technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Working with Java technologies, Google App Engine, Datastore, Cloud Storage, Google Search API, Maven, BigQuery
- Integration with third party systems such as Beamer, Chargebee, Freshsales, Freshdesk, Slack, Lightspeed PoS, Zapier, Firebase, Stripe and Paypal.
- Agile development, JIRA, GIT, Slack, Postman
Experience 3+ years, ideally with a technical background.
- Self starter, curious and with an acute attention to detail.
- Diligent and conscientious writing high quality code.
- Willing to learn and contribute to the product evolution.
- Able to work in a predominately remote environment.
A professional home-work environment (or access to similar workspace) with fast and reliable internet is a must.
This is a remote position – so the person will be working from home for the majority of time. A professional home-working environment with fast reliable internet is therefore a base requirement.
However our technology team is based out of the Greater London (UK) area. So the person will be required to attend occasional face to face meetings in the Great London area. (perhaps every 1-3 months). We anticipate more face to face time being required during the mobilisation phase of the role.
We will therefore consider any and all strong candidates located, by preference, in this order:
- Greater London Area
- wider United Kingdom
- European countries within ‘reach’ of Greater London
Excellent communication skills (in English)
We pay a good competitive salary, based on experience.
We work remotely 95% of the time, with flexible hours.
We have a great, fun company culture.